The reasons why you have need of a Chartered Surveyor?

James McPhail Chartered Surveyor

Hi there! My name is James McPhail, and I would like to explain a bit about the reasons you may need a chartered surveyor, but aren’t always aware why.

Find out about my surveying and certification solutions at

You will also find me right here on Twitter and also Facebook

Who is James McPhail MRICS?

To start with, a little bit of an intro regarding me.

I got started in the manufacturing market place over 30 years ago, and in this time have held a number of rolls from design to a lot more hands-on.

Approximately 22 years ago, I decided to train as a surveyor and eventually became a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), which is the managing body that accredits industry experts within the land, house, development, and commercial infrastructure sectors, across the world.

What does a Chartered Surveyor carry out?

Chartered Surveyors are fundamentally property professionals but very well trained, and our goal is always to deliver a large number of balanced solutions around issues involved with property.

We will be involved in all aspects of property or building consultancy and even at the most elementary level, functions may incorporate valuing property or home and finding structural imperfections in premises

Chartered surveyors could supply you with mortgage valuations, homebuyer's evaluation as well as valuations, full residence reviews, building surveyors' services, quantity surveying, ground surveying, auctioneering, real estate management as well as types of survey- and building-related guidelines.

It is not usual for just about any different fellow member to provide experience in all areas, and this is why alliance or companies are created to generate standard techniques qualified to supply you with a larger range of surveying services.

How exactly do you become a Chartered Surveyor?

I have produced some good info for those of you who may possibly like to go after this career path.

1st, you’ll must achieve a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) certified degree qualification, for instance surveying, construction, civil engineering, or alternatively building engineering, accompanied by certified advancement training.

If you have a non-RICS recognised degree, you’ll need to undertake a postgraduate course in surveying. You can do this through:

A company's college graduate training scheme
Studying full time at an RICS-accredited university or college
Having a distance learning postgraduate conversions course (as long as you’re currently being employed in engineering)

When you have an HNC, HND or foundation certification in surveying or perhaps construction, you most likely are capable of begin working as a surveying engineer but then obtain even more qualifications.

Numerous employers may even offer a diploma apprenticeship course.

The RICS possesses additional information about surveying vocations and licensed degree programmes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *